Listen / John Christie.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 1975.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C447 L5 1975+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- Illustrations: 11 photomechanical prints : relief block, red and black ; image 18 x 13 cm.
Printed by Ron King and John Christie at Circle Press, in red and black on coated machine made paper.
Edition limited to 300 numbered copies, signed by Christie.
Issued in blue paper covers with illustrated title label.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 169
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 130 of 300, signed by John Christie.
"Listen is a word and image sequence related to, and suggested by lines I particularly liked in Erik Satie's 'Sports et divertissements.' The complete text which accompanies these piano pieces appears at the end of the book in an English translation by Simon Cutts."--Leaf .
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Satie, Erik, 1866-1925. Sports et divertissements.Visual poetry -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.