Chamberlin, Harry Dwight, 1887-1944, Riding and schooling horses , 1934
Riding and schooling horses / by Harry D. Chamberlin ; introduction by John Cudahy.
- New York : Derrydale Press, 1934.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 199 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 462Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 412
BEIN 1997 1368: No. 55. Autograph of Oscar F. Soule.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Black vinyl-impregnated quarter cloth, and calico-texture green cloth covers; gilt lettering on front cover, pictorial stamping of gold jumper on front cover, green lettering stamped on spine. Tan dust jacket; blue lettering on spine. Half-title, frontispiece, title-page, 22 collotypes, 8 different line-photoengravings in text, 1 line-photoengraving on title page, ten plates are printed on both sides. Impression of 950 copies, unnumbered "Author's copy." Inscribed by the author to Everett Crawford, "whose unselfish interest and irresistible persistence, salted by much encouragement, forced the writing of this book. Many thanks!" Spine height: 9 1/2 inches.
"Nine hundred and fifty numbered copies ... have been printed by Eugene V. Connett"--T.p. verso.
- Subject Terms:
- Horsemanship.Horses -- Training.Soule, Oscar F. -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.