Willats, Stephen, 1943-, Doppelgänger , 1985
- Doppelgänger / Stephen Willats.
- London : Actualities, 1985.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 W56 D66 1985Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The book features three people, a civil servant, a stockbroker and a woman manager. The daytime appearance and personality of each is juxtaposed against their night-time roles in which each dresses for and identifies with a particular sub-culture. The brief text consists of a commentary, in their own words, on the marked contrast between the two personae. The book's intention is to show how each of them are, in effect, two different people at the same time.
Artist's book, made in conjunction with an exhibition at the Lisson Gallery, featuring three works made with the individuals appearing in the book.
Bury, Stephen. Artists' books ... 1963-1995. p. 149
Facing the page: British Artists' Books. 73.
- Subject Terms:
- Actualities (Firm) -- Publisher.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Lisson Gallery (London, England) -- Publisher.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Photography, Artistic.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.