Words & pictures : ultra-paranoid (extra-spatial) portable art : issue 1.
- Additional Title(s):
Words and pictures
- London : Words and Pictures, 1994.
- Physical Description:
- 1 box (various contents) : ill. (some col.) ; 23 x 17 x 6 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 49Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Artists' periodical consisting of a brown cardboard box containing various parts including : an introductory booklet, a painting on muslin, black-and-white and colour photocopies, an envelope, artists' books, a ribbon and safety pin, a pink rubber balloon, colour ink jet prints, a colour woodcut, offset lithographs, text on mirrored card, a sticker, a plastic vial, recycled paper, a transparency, a metal finger ring, a hand print, a segment of a map of Holzminden (Germany), a fragment of pottery, a piece from a jigsaw puzzle, a black-and-white photograph, a Syrian postage stamp, a colour photograph attached to an unprimed canvas, and a playing card. Organised by Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard. Preface (errata) by Momus. Introduction by Liam Gillick.
"Words & pictures issue 1 was launched at The Institute of Contemporary Arts, London on Monday 28 November 1994."-- Introductory booklet.
Three issued per year.
Limited edition of 100 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 4 of 100.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Words and Pictures -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Playing cards -- England.
- The pocket book of phallic symbols / Chris Kenny
- Herenow / Martin Aitchison
- [Inside out envelope] / Guy Bigland
- Prop / Stuart Bastick
- I am in love with beauty and shall rejoice in its presence / James Archer
- Lieux de memoire / Rodger Brown
- MWC / Matt Carless
- 1.5 ml artist's vacuum / J. J. Charlesworth
- Reuse recycle represent / Patricia Collins
- Belonging / Nigel Grimmer
- The alchemical marriage / Field Study
- Not waving but drowning / Royston du Maurier-Lebek
- In seed time learn / Simon Collins
- Hog / Tristan Dellaway
- Life on your own don't really make you free / Iain Thompson Forsyth
- The other side / Antonia Hirsch
- [Map] / A. C. Hutchinson
- Victorian pottery fragments / Tony Kemplen
- [Bassetts] / Geraldine Marks
- This is the 21st century / Maedhbina McCombe
- For export only / Adam J. Maynard
- Looking for adventure that really rocks your boat? / John Mitchell
- Instant superstar / [signature indecipherable]
- [Photocopy] / [signature indecipherable] / [Ribbon] / [signature indecipherable].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.