Huntsmen past and present / written by Lionel Edwards and illustrated from contemporary prints and from original watercolour drawings by the author.
- London : Eyre and Spottiswoode (Publishers) Ltd. ; 1929.
New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 91 p.,  leaves of plates : ports. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 722Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 197 +238: No. 42, signed by the author. Autograph of Oscar F. Soule.
"This edition, numbered, and signed by the author, is limited to one hundred and fifty copies, of which fifty copies are reserved for sale in the United States of America."
Mounted colored portraits accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
Includes list of subscribers.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 367
BAC: British Art Center copy: Buckram-texture grey cloth; stamped in gilt on front cover and spine, top edge gilt. Half-title, title-page, 10 color plates of halftone-photoengravings and 11 uncolored plates of halftone-photoengravings. Each color plate is covered by a tissue guard sheet on which is printed the title of the illustration. Illustrations by the author. Spine height: 11 1/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Edwards, Lionel, 1878-1966 -- Autograph.Hunters -- England -- Portraits.Hunters -- England.Soule, Oscar F. -- Autograph.
- Subscription lists (Publishing) -- England -- London -- 1929.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.