IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Chaplin, Bob, Mill river river mill , 1997
Mill river river mill : with associated music / Bob Chaplin.
- Rochester [N.Y.] : Visual Studies Workshop, 1997.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C43 M55 1997+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "... looks at the remains of the textile community of northeastern Connecticut. It incorporates drive-by photographs of the rivers and found texts from oral histories and writings of the area. ... marries photographs of the sites taken with plastic snap shot cameras, and song titles taken from the radio and C/D player"--Publication announcement.
"This book was produced during a residency at Visual Studies Workshop as a part of 'Landscape/Land Use,' a Collaborative Arts Project that has been developed to position the arts as a catalyst in an extended community dialogue surrounding issues of our regard for and our treatment of the land"--Colophon.
Edition limited to 100 signed copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 10 of 100, signed by author. Bound in publisher's original quarter gray cloth and gray boards, with illustrated title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- United States.Connecticut -- Economic conditions.Connecticut -- Social conditions.Contemporary music.Rivers -- Connecticut -- Pictorial works.Social change -- Connecticut.Textile industry -- Connecticut -- Pictorial works.
- Artists' books -- United States.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.