IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Van Urk, John Blan, 1902-, The story of American foxhunting , c1940-
The story of American foxhunting : from challenge to full cry / by J. Blan Van Urk; introduction by Gordon Grand.
- New York : Derrydale Press, c1940-
- Physical Description:
- v. : ill., ports., maps, facsims. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2326Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Nine hundred and fifty copies ... have been printed by Eugene V. Connett at the Derrydale Press"--T.p. verso.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 468,470
BAC: British Art Center copy: 2 volumes. Buckram-texture red cloth; deep red mock-leather paper labels stamped in gilt on front cover and spine, top edges gilt, untrimmed; red and yellow checkered headband and tailband. Volume I: (1940) 1650-1861. Half-title, frontispiece, title-page, 48 plates of collotypes, 1 plate of a photolithograph, 1 line-photoengraving on title-page. Volume II: (1941) 1865-1906. Half-title, color frontispiece, title-page, 1 plate of a color halftone-photoengraving, 57 plates of collotypes, 1 line-photoengraving on title-page. Volume II inscribed by the author to Paul Mellon. One of 950 sets. Spine height: 12 3/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- North America.Foxhounds.
- Vol. 1. 1650-1861
- v. 2. 1865-1906.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.