The periodic table : 21 linocuts / by Bill Woodrow.
- [London] : Paragon Press, 1994.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. : all ill. ; 50 x 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 25Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each linocut is based on one of the 21 chapters of Primo Levi's book The periodic table, which describes his experiences as a chemist imprisoned in Auschwitz in 1943. Each chapter refers to an element in the periodic table, relating the properties of the elements to fascist ideology. Levi's text provides the formal structure for Woodrow's visual narrative. Each print is identified by the chemical name of the element and refers to key details within the text.
Title from colophon.
Limited edition of 30 copies, numbered and signed by the artist.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 15 of 30, signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Holocaust survivors.Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945), in art.National socialism in art.
- Artists' books.
Linocuts -- 1994.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.