The Tunbridge Wells guide, or, An account of the ancient & present state of that place : with a particular description of all the towns, villages, antiquities, natural curiosities, ancient & modern seats, founderies, &c. within the circumference of sixteen miles, with accurate views of the principal objects.
- Additional Title(s):
Clifford's descriptive guide of Tunbridge Wells and its vicinity
- Fifth edition.
- Tunbridge Wells : Printed & published by J. Clifford, [1831?]
- Physical Description:
- viii, 188 p.,  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill., col. map ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.T92 C55 1831Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Map engraved by S. Waters; after J. Hastings. Engravings by S. Neele, William Walker, John Walkers, Henry Ashby, and H. Vaughan; after J. Hastings and J. Lambert.
Edition statement from cover.
Latest date mentioned in text is 1831.
Title leaf and dedication leaf are engraved.
"Distances of several pleasant excursions on leaving the Wells, and returning by different routs"--p. 176-182.
"Useful information for those residing in or visiting Tunbridge Wells"--p. 183-188.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed yellow boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Baths -- England -- Tunbridge Wells.Clifford, J. -- Publisher.Health resorts -- England -- Tunbridge Wells.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Description and travel.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Guidebooks.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Social conditions.
- Engravings -- 1831.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1831.
YCBA Collections Search
The Tunbridge Wells guide, or, An account of the ancient & present state of that place , [1831?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.