Reade, Aleyn Lyell, 1876-, Johnsonian gleanings , 1922-
Johnsonian gleanings / by Aleyn Lyell Reade.
- London : Arden Press, 1922-
- Physical Description:
- v. : ill., geneal. tables, map, ports. ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR3533 R4 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN 1998 749: Vols. 2, 3, and 5 only. Bookplate and ms. annotations of Chauncey Brewster Tinker. Autograph of Tinker in v. 3 and 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- 18th century -- Biography.Barber, Frank, -1801.Critics -- Great Britain -- Biography.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (Bac,Ref)Intellectuals -- Great Britain -- Biography.Jarvis family.Johnson family.Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.Lexicographers -- Great Britain -- Biography.Porter family.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Autograph.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Bookplate.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Ms. notes.
- Part 1. Notes on Dr. Johnson's ancestors and connexions and illustrative of his early life
- pt. 2. Francis Barber, the doctor's Negro servan t-- pt. 3. The doctor's boyhood
- pt. 4. The doctor's boyhood. Appendic es
- pt. 5. The doctor's life, 1728-1735
- pt. 6. The doctor's life, 17 35-1740
- pt. 7. The Jervis, Porter, and other allied families
- pt. 8. A miscellany
- pt. 9. A further miscellany
- pt. 10. Johnson's early life: the final narrative
- pt. 11. Consolidated index of persons: to parts 1 to 10, as well as to the Johnsonian portions of The Reades of Blackwood Hill and Dr. Johnson's ancestry.