The fable of the bees: or, Private vices, publick benefits. By Bernard Mandeville. With a commentary critical, historical, and explanatory by F.B. Kaye ...
- London ; Oxford University Press, 1957.
New York : Oxford University Press, 1957.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. front., facsims., geneal. tab. 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryBJ1520 M4 1957 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- With reproductions of original title-pages.
"First edition, 1924, reprinted 1957"--T.p. verso.
- Subject Terms:
- Charity-schools.Ethics.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (Bac,Ref)Virtue.
- v. 1. Prefatory note. Introduction: Life of Mandeville. History of the text. Mandeville's thought. The background. Mandeville's influence. The fable of the bees. Pt. I.--v. 2. The fable of the bees. Pt. II. Appendixes: Mandeville's family (with genealogical table) Description of the editions. Criticisms of the fable. A list, chronologically arranged, of references to Mandeville's works. Index to commentary.