Massinger, Philip, 1583-1640, The plays of Philip Massinger,, 1813
The plays of Philip Massinger, in four volumes. With notes critical and explanatory, by W. Gifford ..
- 2d ed. ..
- London, G. and W. Nicol [etc.] 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. front. (port.) 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR2701 G54 1813 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Articles & Chapters
- LSF: Ih M386 C805b: Vol. 4: 1805.
"A list of Massinger's plays": v. 1, p. clxvii-clxix.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (Bac,Ref)
- v. 1. Advertisement to the second edition. Introduction; Essay on the writings of Massinger, by John Ferriar, &c. The virgin-martyr. The unnatural combat. The Duke of Milan.--v. 2. The bondman. The renegado.The parliament of love. The Roman actor. The great Duke of Florence.--v. 3. The maid of honour. The picture. The Emperor of the East. The fatal dowry. A new way to pay old debts.--v. 4. The city madam. The guardian. A very woman. The bashful lover. The old law.