Massinger, Philip, 1583-1640, The plays of Philip Massinger,, 1813
- The plays of Philip Massinger, in four volumes. With notes critical and explanatory, by W. Gifford ..
- 2d ed. ..
- London, G. and W. Nicol [etc.] 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. front. (port.) 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR2701 G54 1813 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Articles & Chapters
- LSF: Ih M386 C805b: Vol. 4: 1805.
"A list of Massinger's plays": v. 1, p. clxvii-clxix.
- v. 1. Advertisement to the second edition. Introduction; Essay on the writings of Massinger, by John Ferriar, &c. The virgin-martyr. The unnatural combat. The Duke of Milan.--v. 2. The bondman. The renegado.The parliament of love. The Roman actor. The great Duke of Florence.--v. 3. The maid of honour. The picture. The Emperor of the East. The fatal dowry. A new way to pay old debts.--v. 4. The city madam. The guardian. A very woman. The bashful lover. The old law.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (Bac,Ref)