Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745, The poems of Jonathan Swift,, 1937
- The poems of Jonathan Swift, edited by Harold Williams ...
- Oxford, The Clarendon press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. fronts. (facsims.) 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR3721 W55 1937 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Articles & Chapters
- Paged continuously.
"Nearly every poem has its separate bibliography, and a list of editions collated, together with autographs and early transcripts... is given at the head of each poem. I have printed the text frommanuscript, from a first edition, or from an authoritative early text."-- v.l, p.vi.
- I. Introduction. Bibliographical summary (p. xiviii-ixii) The early odes. Occasional poems. 1698-1710. Political and miscellaneous poems, 1710-1714. Miscellaneous and personal poems, 1715-1723. Political poemsrelating to Wood's halfpence.--II. Miscellaneous poems. 1724-1736. Stella, Vanessa, and Rebecca Dingley 1713-1727.--III. Irish politics, 1724-1737.Poems relating to Market Trifles. Poems attributed to Swift. Index of first lines. General index, compiled by Miss Dorothy E. Marshall.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (BAC,REF)