SK 329858 : 1944-1994.
- Sheffield [England] : Art and Design Research Unit, Sheffield Hallam University, 1994.
- Physical Description:
- 1 deck of cards ( cards) : ill. ; 10 cm. + 1 booklet.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K455 S6 1994Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from box, top and foot.
Pack can be arranged into six groups of nine cards which each form a simple image recalling the overall themes of the pack.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no.  of a limited edition of 100 copies.
"SK329858, 1944-94. In 1944 an American B17 bomber crashed in a Sheffield park. Ten airmen died. Tony Kemplen presents a pack of artists playing cards reflecting on the site and the crash 50 years later with an introduction by Sharon Kivland and notes on the history of the crash and some of the imagery used. There are 100 packs, each signed by the artist and printed at Sheffield Hallam University, print unit 1994. Per ardua ad astra."--Page  of booklet.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and Design Research Unit -- Publisher.Artists' books -- Great Britain.B-17 bomber.Conceptual art.World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.