Bhattacharya, Nandini, Reading the splendid body , c1998
- Reading the splendid body : gender and consumerism in eighteenth-century British writing on India / Nandini Bhattacharya.
- Newark : University of Delaware Press ; c1998.
London : Associated University Presses, c1998.
- Physical Description:
- 232 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR129 I5 B49 1998 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 210-222) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- Travel -- India -- History -- 18th century -- Historiography.Consumption (Economics) in literature.English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.English literature -- Indic influences.Human body in literature.Sex role in literature.Travelers' writings, English -- India -- History and criticism.Women and literature -- India.