Retrospectus and prospectus : The Nonesuch Dickens.
- Additional Title(s):
- Bloomsbury : Nonesuch Press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- 130,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, facsimiles ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4577 .N66 1937Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Gimbel/Dickens +H342 1: Laid in: form for advance subscription and business reply envelope.
BEIN Gimbel/Dickens +H342 3: Ms. annotations by Richard Gimbel on front pastedown and front free endpaper.
Yale University. Dickens and Dickensiana, H342, 1st-3rd copies
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 108
"The setting and the machining of the letter-press pages are performed by R.&R. Clark, Ltd., of Edinburgh. The machining of the lithographic reproductions is performed by the Curwen Press, London. The binding is done by the Leighton-Straker Bookbinding Company, Ltd., of London."--Colophon.
Titles for each article on heavy orange paper.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Bibliography.Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Illustrations.English fiction -- Illustrations.Gimbel, Richard -- Ms. notes.Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Private press books -- England -- London.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1937.
- I. Charles Dickens and his illustrators / by Arthur Waugh
- II. A bibliographical list of the original illustrations to the works of Charles Dickens being those made under his supervision / now compiled for the first time by Thomas Hatton
- III. Retrospectus: editions of Dickens's works
- IV. Prospectus: The Nonesuch Dickens.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.