IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Kemplen, Tony, Victorian pottery fragments , [1994?]
Victorian pottery fragments : classified according to their resemblance in shape to the outlines of French administrative departments.
- [England?] : T. Kemplen, [1994?]
- Physical Description:
- 4 leaves of plates : all ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K455 V4 1994Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "... A sympathy for discarded objects, together with the almost limitless systems of classification that can be applied to them, combine with a fondness for the absurd to produce the textbook plates and associated record cards to help you classify the genuine specimen which is attached."--Words & pictures. Issue 1.
"Based on the information published in the journal of alternative taxonomy-- Melnek Educational Aids."
Words and pictures, issue no. 1
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Classification.Found objects (Art)Kemplen, Tony -- PublisherWit and humor, Pictorial.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.