Bolshevik keyboard fingering chart = Imperial keyboard fingering chart.
- Additional Title(s):
Imperial keyboard fingering chart
- [England] : Tony Kemplen, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.): ill. ; 14 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K455 B7 1995 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "'At the decisive moment, at the decisive point, an overwhelming superiority of force.' Lenin's dictum of 1917 had a profound influence on anti-imperialists everywhere. Even the elite shorthand typing division of the Royal Corps of Signals was infiltrated and a new revolutionary keyboard layout was proposed. ..."--Words and pictures
Words and pictures, issue 4
Humorous contrast of Imperial and Bolshevik style keyboard fingering charts, each diagrammed on opposite sides of a single sheet. The Bolshevik keyboard is laid out in alphabetical order, and includes unconventional keys such as "class struggle," "change," and "space bar (people's thumb)."
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Communism.Conceptual art -- Great Britain.Kemplen, Tony -- Publisher.Typewriters.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.