Kemplen, Tony, Bolshevik keyboard fingering chart =, 1995
- Bolshevik keyboard fingering chart = Imperial keyboard fingering chart.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Imperial keyboard fingering chart
- [England] : Tony Kemplen, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.): ill. ; 14 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K455 B7 1995 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Humorous contrast of Imperial and Bolshevik style keyboard fingering charts, each diagrammed on opposite sides of a single sheet. The Bolshevik keyboard is laid out in alphabetical order, and includes unconventional keys such as "class struggle," "change," and "space bar (people's thumb)."
"'At the decisive moment, at the decisive point, an overwhelming superiority of force.' Lenin's dictum of 1917 had a profound influence on anti-imperialists everywhere. Even the elite shorthand typing division of the Royal Corps of Signals was infiltrated and a new revolutionary keyboard layout was proposed. ..."--Words and pictures
Words and pictures, issue 4
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Communism.Conceptual art -- Great Britain.Kemplen, Tony -- Publisher.Typewriters.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.