Sunday in London / illustrated in fourteen cuts by George Cruikshank ; and a few words by a friend of his ; with a copy of Sir Andrew Agnew's bill.
- London : Effingham Wilson, 1833.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 105 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .W54 1833Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Gimbel/Dickens H480 1: Guardsheets wanting. Copy owned by George Barr McCutcheon.
BEIN Gimbel/Dickens H480 2: All guardsheets wanting but one. Binder's stamp: Tout, binder.
By John Wight, "a friend of his," from t.p. Author's name from NUC pre-56 and from Cohn cited below.
Cruikshank's illustrations engraved on wood by G.W. Bonner, Charles Gray, John Jackson, Ebenezer Landells, Samuel M. Slader, John Thompson, Samuel Williams, and Thomas Williams.
Printed by Maurice & Co., Fenchurch Street.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Podeschi, J.B. Dickens, H480, 1st-2nd copies
Cohn, A.M. Cruikshank, 846
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf. Bookplate: Herbert Rodney Burgess.
- Subject Terms:
- Burgess, Herbert Rodney -- Bookplate (BACRB)Effingham Wilson -- Publisher.London (England) -- Social life and customs.Maurice & Co. -- Printer.McCutcheon, George Barr, 1866-1928 -- Ownership.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Sunday legislation -- Great Britain.
- Binders' stamps (Binding) -- Tout.
Wood engravings -- 1833.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.