Mosaic amusement, 1855
- Mosaic amusement.
- London : Printed by Thompson and Vincent, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 50 tiles : wood, black & yellow ; in wooden box 14 x 14 x 2 cm and 4,  pages : illustrations ; 12 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1489 .M67 1855 FlatAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title and imprint from front cover of the booklet.
Printer's name from page .
"The accompaning box contains fifty triangular pieces of wood, which can be arranged in an almost endless variety of ways, according to the taste and ingenuity of the owner ... By its use the eye and hand are trained to a familiarity with regular geometrical forms ... At the same time, they have the pleasure of imitating, on a small scale, a sort of manufacture called Mosaic Work, which is now being extensively revived and adopted, and which there were many beautiful examples in the Great Exhibition of 1851."--Page  of booklet.
Booklet includes patterns of designs that can be arranged using the tiles (pages -).
BAC: In original color wooden box with sliding lid.
- Subject Terms:
- Geometry, Non-Euclidean.MosaicsPuzzles.Tessellations (Mathematics)
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.