The manual of oil-painting, for young artists and amateurs : condensed from the works of Bouvier, Merimee, Montabert, and other distinguished Continental artists : with a glossary of terms of art.
- London : David Bogue, 86, Fleet Street, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 128 p. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1473 .M36 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraving on cover by Edward Dalziel.
Printed by Levey, Robson, and Franklyn, Great New Street, Fetter Lane, London.
Series edited by John Timbs.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original yellow paper printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Bogue, David -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Levey, Robson, and Franklyn -- Printer.Painting -- Study and teaching.Painting -- Technique.
- Engravings -- 1847.
- Pt. 1. The materials and implements of the art
- II. The painter's workroom
- III. The first palette or dead-colouring
- IV. The second, or finishing palette
- V. The painting of draperies, and their management in general
- VI. Landscape painting
- VII. Varnishing, cleaning, repairing, and lining of pictures.