Lettre de la mer noire = Black Sea letter / Kenneth White ; Jean-Claude Loubières.
- Additional Title(s):
Black sea letter. French
- London : Circle Press, 1997.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.W545 B53 1997+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- "Signed limited edition of sixty books printed hot-wax and letterpress. The wax process was originally conceived by the artist Jean-Claude Loubierès who undertook all the main wax areas of design on the pages at his studio in France. The poem was written ... from the multitude of images put forward by the artist, the design and a method of production were planned by Victoria Bean and Ron King. The final wax and letterpress printings, collation and binding were carried out at Circle Press by Ron King, Karen Bleitz and Rachel Hazell."--Colophon.
Printed in an edition of 60 copies, signed by the author and artist.
Issued in printed stiff black paper covers.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 177
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. XVIII of 60, signed by the author and artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.English poetry.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.