The commissar vanishes : the falsification of photographs and art in Stalin's Russia / David King ; preface by Stephen F. Cohen ; photographs from the David King collection.
- Edinburgh : Canongate, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 192 p. : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTR85 .K55 1997+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View catalog record for Ken Campbell's Ten years of Uzbekistan (1994)
- Ken Campbell produced a limited edition artist's book on the same subject with title: Ten years of Uzbekistan. See link herewith.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red linson, with illustrated dust jakcet in glacine wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Photographs -- Censorship -- Soviet Union.Photographs -- Forgeries -- Soviet Union.Photographs -- Political aspects -- Soviet Union.Photography -- Retouching -- Soviet Union.Photography -- Soviet Union -- History -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.