Pagina tertia de deluvio Noe / with lithographs by Nigel Davison.
- Additional Title(s):
Waterleaders and drawers in Dee, pagina tertia de deluvio Noee
Waterleaders & drawers in Dee
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- , 33 p. : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D38 P3 1986+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- At head of title: Waterleaders & drawers in Dee.
Issued in portfolio.
Edition limited to 60 signed and numbered copies.
"Of the five surviving transcripts of the Chester version written down between 1591 and 1607, we chose to base this edition ... on the most recent one, with the title, the stage directions and the names of the characters remaining in Latin as in the original"--Introduction.
Introduction by Ronald King.
"This edition of 'Deluvio Noe' is limited to sixty books numbered 1-60 plus five artist proof copies and five marked H.C. with books 1-25 containing an original signed drawing in pen and ink by the artist. The lithographic plates were all drawn by the artist in Scotland and were processed by Jack Shirreff at 107 Workshop, Westbury, Wiltshire, and printed by Andrew Purches at the Senefelder Press, London. Typesetting in Plantin 110 was carried out at Monoset Ltd., Clerkenwell, London, and letterpress printing, boxing and design by Ronald King at Circle Press, Guildford."--Limitation statement, p. .
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 174
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 13 of 60, with an original signed drawing in pen and ink by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bible plays, English.Mysteries and miracle-plays -- Pictorial works.Noah (Biblical figure) -- Drama.Senefelder Press -- Printer.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Chromolithographs -- 1986.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.