Bluebeard's castle / design Ronald King, verse Roy Fisher.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press Publications, 1972.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 B58 1972 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- "Based on the opera by Bartok, the visual theme of the book is represented by nine pop-up constructions; the portcullis, the castle and seven secret chambers with the verse incorporated into the design printed in Optima. 125 signed copies ... made up of 10 loose 4 pp sections silk screened throughout onto Hollingsworth paper and placed into a cardboard folder and held in a black Perspex tray with a clear lid."--Cooking the books.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 168
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 132 of a limited edition of 175 copies.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bluebeard (Legendary character) -- Pictorial works.Bluebeard (Legendary character) -- Poetry.Circle Press -- Publisher.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Screen prints -- 1972.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.