Brazilian miniatures = Miniaturas Brasileiras / Axl Leskoschek.
- Additional Title(s):
- Guildford, England : Circle Press, 1974.
- Physical Description:
- , 8 p.,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L436 B73 1974 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L436 B73 1974 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L436 B73 1974 Copy 3Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ronald KingAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Designed and printed by Ronald King at Circle Press in collaboration with José Neistein of the Brazilian-American Cultural Institute Art Gallery, Washington D.C."--P. .
"This edition of Brazilian miniatures is limited to 250 copies. Of these 20 are for the artist, 25 are for presentation and 5 are for the libraries of the Brazilian-American Cultural Institute. The remaining books, signed and numbered 1-200, are for sale. The 51 illustrations have been printed from line-block reproductions onto J. Green pure rag-made paper by letterpress and unless marked, are the same size as the originals."--P. .
"Fifty-one woodcut designs reproduced from the only remaining proofs of an unpublished book with a bilingual introduction with text printed letterpress in Helvetica Bold in two versions: 1. 500 book, 52 pp. on commercial stock perfect-bound 15 x 12 cm in orange card cover. 2. 200 signed portfolios, 52 separate sheets 15.5 x 12.5 in yellow paper wraparound cover and hand-made card portfolio."--Cooking the books.
These works were first published as illustrations to Ulrich Becher's Brazilianischer Romanzero, and 19 were reprinted in East Germany without Becher's text as a monograph on Leskoschek.
In English and Portuguese.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 169
Circle Press check list 1967-97, p. 
BAC: British Art Center has 3 copies: copy 1 is no.  of a limited edition of 250 copies. Copy 2 and 3 are unnumbered.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Becher, Ulrich, 1910-1990. Brazilianischer Romanzero. -- Illustrations.Brazil -- In art.Circle Press -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.