The half-year letters : an alphabet book / designed by Ronald King ; written by Roy Fisher.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 H35 1983 Copy 2 FlatYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ronald KingAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 H35 1983 Copy 1 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Cut and creased at the same time as Alphabeta concertina, in exactly the same format, but in conjunction with a text printed letterpress in 10 pt Gill Light on Ingres paper. 325 copies with silk screened covers in two colours, in PVC tray and sleeve."--Cooking the books.
Edition limited to 300 copies.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 173
Facing the page, p. 51
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 inscriped: Ron King, A.P. Copy 2 inscribed: Sample.
"The text treats the rigorous forward movement of an alphabet as a movement through time, as if it marked the twenty-six weeks of a half-year, April through September. The vocabulary for each letter, a week, is governed in part by the pervading presence of the letter, in a variet of uses ..."--Page .
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.English language -- Alphabet -- Poetry.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Toy and movable book -- Specimens.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.