The white alphabet / Ronald King.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 1984.
- Physical Description:
-  p. ; 30 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 W45 1984 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- A double-sided concertina book without text in a limited edition of 150 books made up of twenty-six pop-up letter cut onto rough RWS hand-made paper and contained in wood board inlaid with beech and sycamore by Ronald King. The book is made from six imperial size sheets of paper joined in a french-fold concertina construction with a double spread for each letter. These have been cut onto a smooth embossed area to creat an effective contrast between the sharp edged forms and the rough surface of the paper. Presented in a linen-covered box and slip case.
Edition limited to 150 signed and numbered copies.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 173
Facing the page, p. 51
BAC: British Art Center copy is no.  of a limited edition of 150.
- Subject Terms:
- Alphabets in art.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Paper sculpture -- Great Britain.Paper work -- Great Briain -- Specimens.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Folded books -- 2007.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.