Blind date / with etchings and embossed prints designed by John Furnival ; and text written by Thomas Meyer.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- 20 sheets (10 folded) (, 50,  p.) : ill. ; 31 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F87 B55 1979+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- Ten etched and initialed illustrations surrounded by blind-embossed maze designs inserted into ten four-page sections (28 x 39 cm) on Somerset Book mould-made paper, with text printed letterpress. Edition limited to 300 books plus 30 copies marked Artist's Proof, five copies marked H.C. and ten copies held for presentation by the publisher. All ten prints have been initialed and each book fully signed by the artist.
Issued unbound in grey cloth cover and black slip-case.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 172
Colored plate signed, with title: "Omphale goes out walking".
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. [C.P.3].
Etched vignettes illustrating the legends of Theseus and the Minotaur and Hercules and Omphale, each surrounded by a blind-embossed maze.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Hercules (Roman mythological character)Labyrinths.Minotaur (Greek mythology)Mythology, Greek.Omphale (Greek mythology)Theseus, King of Athens.
- Livres d'artistes.
Embossed prints -- 1979.
Etchings -- 1979.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.