Canga : ten hand-coloured etchings / by Ronald King ; with an introduction by José Neistein.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 1976.
- Physical Description:
-  prints : etching ; 40 x 29 cm. + 3 folded sheets (, 8 p.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 33Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- Etchings printed at Print Workshop, London; accompanying 3 bifolia of letterpress (title page, introduction, and other preliminaries) printed in brown by Walter Taylor and the artist at Circle Press.
"Volume 1." Projected as the first of a series of 3 portfolios. No more published (?).
Issued unbound, in a beige paper portfolio.
A limited edition of 25 copies. Each print is hand-colored, signed and titled by the artist.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 170
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 2 of 25.
First of 3 intended volumes, each with 10 hand-colored etchings by Ronald King, on the theme of a band of Brazilian cangaceiros of the '20s and '30s led by the notorious Lampião.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1976.Outlaws -- Brazil, Northeast.Outlaws in art.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.