Riders & horses : poems written on the theme of Geoffrey Chaucer's "The prologue to The Canterbury tales" / Andrew Crozier, Roy Fisher, Keith Please, Kevin Power.
- Additional Title(s):
Riders and horses
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press Publications, 1982.
- Physical Description:
- 21 p. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1195.C19 R53 1982+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- A total of 20 poems (5 by each poet) printed letterpress onto mould-made paper with a small lino frontispiece by Ronald King.
"Limited to 150 copies; ten for each poet, five for the infamous mausoleum vaults and five for Circle Press, which leaves one hundrd [sic] available for sale"--Colophon.
The poems were originally published in four separate folders in limited editions of 250 copies in 1978. Fifty sets of folders were issued in portfolios for private distribution under title: Prints and texts.
Cooking the books Ron King and Circle Press. New Haven : YCBA, 2002, p. 173
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400 -- Characters.Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400 -- In art.Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400. Canterbury tales.Christian pilgrims and pilgrimages -- England -- Canterbury -- Poetry.Circle Press -- Publisher.English poetry -- 20th century.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Linocuts -- 1982.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.