IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Elson, Sophie, Ice, [1998?]
- [England?] : S. Elson, [1998?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 E56 I3 1990zYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Edition limited to 30 signed copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no.  of a limited edition of 30 copies. Signed by the artist.
A book of monoprints and computer prints on the theme of ice, inspired by visiting the mountains and glaciers of the Andes on the borders of Argentina and Chile.
Green paper cover. Etched. Handmade. Each leaf is a transparent sleeve, with text etched on. Inside sleeve is a piece of cardboard with handpainted illustrations, which are visible through the sleeve.
"Character and story taken from 'One hundred years of solitude' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez"--Colophon.
Artist's Book Yearbook, 1998-99, p. 107
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Computer art -- Specimens.Elson, Sophie -- Publisher.Ice -- In art.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.