IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bush, Tracey, Cygnea cantio , 1997
Cygnea cantio : swan song.
- [England?] : T. Bush, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : chiefly ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 B87 C8 1997Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © 2020 Tracey Bush
- Full Orbis Record:
- Edition limited to 50 signed copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. .
Relief-rolled embossed Thames chart from Oxford to Richmond. Rubber-stamped with some 'swan-marks' of Thames swans. Blue paper cover.
"The 'swan-marks' in 'Cygnea Cantio' are; the King's mark from the Cantley Roll (1603) and the Thames marks of the Archbishop of York and the Bishop of Ely'--Colophon.
'The swan was created a royal bird prior to 1186. All swans kept on the Thames must be marked, otherwise they are considered to be the property of the crown'--Colophon.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 211
BAC: British Art Center has two of Bush's mock-ups for the present work, cataloged separately: N7433.4 B87 C8 1997a.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bush, Tracey -- Publisher.Hand stamps -- Specimens -- 1997.Relief etching -- Specimens -- 1997.Swans -- England.Thames River (England) -- Maps.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
- IIIF Manifest:
" Of Green Leaf, Bird, and Flower " : Artists' Books and the Natural World (Yale Center for British Art, 2014-05-15 - 2014-08-10) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.