- Bristol [England] : Sarah Bodman : 1994.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 21 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B74 M3 1994+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Flowers are the biggest investment a plant can make in terms of sexual attraction and reproduction. We too are envouraged through the advertising of "Beauty Products" to rely on our appearence as a sexual investment."--Page .
"Water-based screenprint, monoprinted through photographic stencils. Bound in silver chromalux covers with white full-ring bind. Presented in a white carrier bag with 'available at select department stores' silver logo. 1994, Bristol, UK."--Website of Book Arts at the Centre for Fine Print Research.
Edition limited to 10 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 9 of 10, signed and dated by the artist. With the original white carrier bag.
"Masdevallia was created as a play on the claims of beauty-product manufacturers. The book is a mock catalogue of advertisements, featuring poisonous or carnivorous plants, which look and sound attractive, but ultimately provide an assault on the senses. The images and colors used reflect the pastels and rich colors of the original products, with the clues hidden within the text."--Website of Book Arts at the Centre for Fine Print Research.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Cosmetics.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bodman, Sarah -- Publisher.Cosmetics -- Great Britain.Poisonous plants.Satire, English.UWE -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
Screenprints -- 1994.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.