Bodman, Sarah, Cuttings, 1995
- Bristol [England] : Sarah Bodman, UWE Bristol, 1995.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 B74 C8 1995 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Edition limited to 10 copies.
"Cuttings is based on a poem by Theodore Roethke which observes the new growth of plants from cuttings. By manipulation of selected texts through inserted passages and linking flower and plant images, the book explores a darker side of human nature."--Book Arts (UWE Bristol) website.
"Water-based screenprint with hand-tinted watercolours, crayons, ink and pencil drawings. Bound in printed board covers with white metal full-ring bind. Each book is boxed with a different 'Cuttings' implement insert."--Book Arts (UWE Bristol) website.
BAC: Postcard from artist placed in object file.
Artist's book yearbook 1996-97, p. 116
BAC: British Art Center copy is no.  of a limited edition of 10 copies. Includes a small knife (as implement insert). Also laid in the box is "Quotations chosen by Hamish Hamilton,"  p. (Edinburgh : Fruitmarket Gallery, 1985).
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bodman, Sarah -- Publisher.Plants in art.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Screenprints -- 1995.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.