Sackett, Colin, Rereader , 1996
- Rereader / by Colin Sackett ; selected reading and writing ninetyone to ninetysix.
- Axminster : C. Sackett, 1996.
- Physical Description:
-  p. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 S33 R4 1996+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "During the first half of 1996 I edited and published a relatively extensive work, comprising nearly six hundred texts, ordered alphabetically. This work is a broad selection from the publications and their workings made during the period of the previous five or six years, along with unpublished texts and direct references or 'readings' that I felt informed my work. The texts are alphabetical: this is probably the most random form, all proximities are made and determined by spelling alone. While most entries consist of a single word or two, the texts vary in extent from a single two-letter word to passages of up to a hundred words; the accumulation and equality of structure and typography propose or imply a reading best described by drawing a parallel with the continual use, while listening, of the fast-forward and rewind buttons of a tape machine. The overall 'meaning' or subject of rereader is its entirety: the intention of its editing and format is to provide via the detail of the single part, and the relationship of each single part to the whole, some critical overview of the project of my work during the period." -- Published in Books by Artists, Bristol 1999.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Printing in art.Sackett, Colin -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.