A book of landskips & buildings pleasant & useful for youth to draw after.
- Additional Title(s):
Book of landskips and buildings pleasant & useful for youth to draw after
Book of landscapes & buildings pleasant & useful for youth to draw after
Book of landscapes and buildings pleasant & useful for youth to draw after
- [London] : Sold by J. Clark , engraver & printseller in Gray's Inn, [between 1726 and 1736]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC800 .L43 1726+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The engraved title panel is signed: S. le Clerc delin. J. Clark sculp. The remaining engravings are unsigned.
Description based on the copy at the Yale Center for British Art, which is comprised of six leaves, with three engraved images on the recto of each leaf (numbered 1-18). It is possible that the leaves were intended to be cut in thirds, and bound as a small oblong volume.
John Clark was active at Gray's Inn from 1726 to 1736. See: Worms, Laurence. British map engravers, p. 148.
BAC: British Art Center copy originally stab stitched. Unbound. Lacks cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Specimens -- Early works to 1800.Clark, John, fl. 1717-1742 -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape drawing -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
Engravings -- 1725.
YCBA Collections Search
Le Clerc, Sébastien, 1637-1714, A book of landskips & buildings pleasant & useful for youth to draw after, [between 1726 and 1736]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.