- Additional Title(s):
Lawn tennis : how to master the strokes
- [Brighton, England] : Jackie Batey, 1997.
- Physical Description:
-  : ill. ; 10 x 10 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B384 C66 1997 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book was inspired by the idea of cheating. There are pages on how to cheat at various games such as monopoly, cards, rolling dice as well as bigger cons such as winning a raffle through to the lottery jackpot. The book itself however, is as fake as the cheats it describes, obviously written by a fraudster. This book comes with a slipcase belonging to a different book (sporting themes), in order to hide Confidence on the bookshelf. The slipcases all have unique titles."--Publisher's catalogue (2004).
Accompanied by lottery ticket in sealed brown envelope.
Edition limited to 25 numbered copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 20 of 25. Placed inside slipcase with false title: "Lawn tennis : how to master the strokes. Sound advice and coaching for the club player who wishes to enter for matches and tournaments / by Jackie Batey. The Foulsham Sports Library."
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Cardsharping.Games.Satire, English.Swindlers and swindling.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.