Gender and the formation of taste in eighteenth-century Britain : the analysis of beauty / Robert W. Jones.
- Cambridge [England] ; Cambridge University Press, c1998.
New York : Cambridge University Press, c1998.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 268 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR448 A77 J66 1998 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 249-265) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics, British -- 18th century.Art and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.Ethics, Modern -- 18th century.Feminine beauty (Aesthetics) in literature.Sex role -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Social classes -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Jones, Robert W., Dr, Gender and the formation of taste in eighteenth-century Britain , c1998