A voyage round the world with Captain James Cook in H.M.S. Resolution / by Anders Sparrman ; introduction & notes by Owen Rutter ; wood-engravings by Peter Barker-Mill.
- Additional Title(s):
Resa till Goda Hopps-udden. Vol. 2. English
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1944.
- Physical Description:
- 218,  pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustrations, maps, music ; 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG420.C68 S67 1944+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of the second volume of Sparrman's Resa till Goda Hopps-udden (Stockholm, 1783-1818, 2 v. in 3), partly translated by Averil Mackenzie-Grieve from the French translation, and partly by Huldine Beamish from the original.
"Produced & published by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in 14pt. Perpetua type on Arnold's mould-made paper, and finished on the 27th day of October, 1944. Compositors: J.W. Perrin and W.F. North. Pressman: W.H. Solly. The edition is limited to 350 numbered copies, of which numbers 1-50 are specially bound."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 162
BEIN 1998 +404: No. 195.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 44 of 350, one of 50 specially bound by Sangorski & Sutcliffe in gilt-stamped white morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Cook, James, 1728-1779 -- Travel.Forster, Georg, 1754-1794 -- Travel.Forster, Johann Reinhold, 1729-1798 -- Travel.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Resolution (Ship)Sparrman, Anders, 1748-1820 -- Travel.Voyages around the world.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1944..
YCBA Collections Search
Sparrman, Anders, 1748-1820, A voyage round the world with Captain James Cook in H.M.S. Resolution , 1944
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.