In praise of patterned papers : a collection of essays / by Paul Nash, Phyllis Barron, Enid Marx, Alan Powers, Sebastian Carter, Victorial Hall, Graham Moss ; with an introduction by Tanya Schmoller.
- Additional Title(s):
In praise of patterned paper
- Oldham [England] : Incline Press, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 120 pages : illustrations, color samples (1 folded) ; 28 cm + portfolio (6 sheets ; 72 x 51 cm folded to 26 x 18 cm)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ271.3.E53 I5 1997+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book is printed in Zerkall paper in Goudy Old Style types. The machine setting was done at the Mouldtype Foundry in Leyland, and the litho printing of the cards marked *, were printed by Gorton, Shorock and Davies of Ancoats. All hand setting and letterpress printing was done at Incline Press. The binding has been done by hand, the work shared between Incline Press and Stephen Conway at his bindery in Bradford. The edition is of 360 copies, being fifty copies slip-cased with six full sheets in a portfolio, and three hundred ordinary copies. ... A further ten copies are in special bindings ..."--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of fifty copies slip-cased with six full sheets in a portfolio.
- Subject Terms:
- Decorative paper.
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Goudy Old Style.
- Introduction / Tanya Schmoller
- Woodcut patterns / Paul Nash
- Block printed papers / Phyllis Barron
- Pattern papers / Enid Marx
- Judd Street patterned papers / Alan Powers
- Rampant Lions Press papers / Sebastian Carter
- Paste patterned papers / Victoria Hall
- A discursive bibliography / Graham Moss.