Racing at home and abroad, 1923-1931
- Racing at home and abroad.
- London : London & Counties Press Association Ltd., 1923-1931.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF335.A1 R33 1923+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1998 +380: No. 442. Imperfect: v. 1 wanting.
"Only 700 copies of 'British steeplechasing and Racing in Ireland' have been printed. The first 475 of these form volume II of the 475 complete sets of "Racing at home and abroad."--Title page verso, volume 2.
"Only 855 copies of 'Racing and breeding in America and the colonies' have been printed. The first 475 of these form volume III of the 475 complete sets of "Racing at home and abroad"--Title page verso, volume 3.
BAC: British Art Center copy in 3 volumes. Bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped brown morocco. Volumes I and III with the bookplate of Harry Worcester Smith. Volumes I and III includes various newspaper clippings and correspondence (from Harry Worcester Smith) about the present title, tipped in at front. Volumes I and III are nos. 301 of 475 copies; volume II no. 545 of a limited edition of 855. Two copies of the publisher's printed prospectus ( p.) for the present work, have been removed and cataloged separately (SF335.A1 R33 1923a+).
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing.London & Counties Press Association Limited -- Publisher.Race horses -- Breeding.Racetracks (Horse racing)Smith, Harry Worcester -- Bookplate.Steeplechasing.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.