Illustrationes algarum in itinere circa orbem jussu Imperatoris Nicolai I : atque auspiciis navarchi Friderici Lütke annis 1826, 1827, 1828 et 1829 celoce Seniavin exsecuto in Oceano Pacifico, inprimis septemtrionali ad littora rossica asiatico-americana collectarum / Auctoribus Alexandro Postels et Francisco Ruprecht.
- Additional Title(s):
Russian title Izobrazhenīi︠a︡ i opisanīi︠a︡ morskikh rastenīĭ ...
- Petropoli : Typis Eduardi Pratz, MDCCCXL 
- Physical Description:
- , vi, 22, , iv, 22,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 72 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 14Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Latin and Russian text, each with separate title page.
Concerning the Russian scientific expedition led by Captain Lutke accompanied by Kittlitz, Postels and Mertens as chief scientists. The expedition reached Sitka in June, 1827, and began exploration and survey of the North-West Coast of the United States, naming various points, and discovering St. Matthew Island. The Caroline Islands were discovered by this expedition.
- Subject Terms:
- Alaska -- Discovery and exploration -- Russian.Caroline Islands -- Discovery and exploration.Discoveries in geography.Marine algae.Natural history.Pacific Area -- Discovery and exploration.Pacific Area -- History -- 19th century.Pacific Ocean -- Discovery and exploration -- Russian.Scientific expeditions -- Russia.Voyages and travels -- Russia.
- Lithographs -- 1840.
YCBA Collections Search
Postels, A. (Aleksandr), 1801-1871, Illustrationes algarum in itinere circa orbem jussu Imperatoris Nicolai I , MDCCCXL 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.