Toppin, Adam, b. 1701, [A collection of broadsides , [1750s or 1760s?]
[A collection of broadsides / by Adam Toppin].
- Additional Title(s):
- [York, England] : [A. Toppin], [1750s or 1760s?].
- Physical Description:
- 44 broadsides : ill. ; 14-36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B B 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Chiefly religious admonitions, drawing on John Tillinghast's interpretations of Revelation.
A number of broadsides begin: Prophecy fulfilled. Poor Adams paper. The sign.
BAC: Only 3 broadsides have a York imprint; the rest give no place of publication.
The texts mention Henry Fairfax of Toulston (d. 1759) and George III of England (succeeded to the throne 1760).
Printed with metal type, wood blocks, or both.
Carey, F. Apocalypse and the shape of things to come, pages 238-239
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 114, 169
BAC: British Art Center has two copies of 1 broadside.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible. N.T. Revelations -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.Tillinghast, John, 1604-1655.Toppin, Adam, b. 1701 -- Publisher.