The artist's repository and drawing magazine : exhibiting the principles of the polite arts in their various branches.
- London : Published by C. Taylor, [1788?].
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN1 .A835 1788Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Edited by Charles Taylor.
English short title catalogue, T219856
Originally published in parts, and collected with an engraved t.p. in red. With a sectional title introducing the main text: 'Heads of lectures on the polite arts, by Francis Fitzgerald [i.e. Charles Taylor], ... The first series'. Each part was issued in a number of editions, indicated in the direction line; this collection contains parts of the fourth and fifth editions. The preface refers to the "fifth edition of this part [i.e. part 1]".
Added engraved t.p. in v. 1.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements in v. 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Periodicals.Art.Drawing.Engraving -- Specimens -- [1788?].Etching -- Specimens -- [1788?].Taylor, C. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- [1788?].
- v.1. Heads of lectures on the polite arts. The first series.
- v.2. Lectures on the polite arts. The second series.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.