Dombey and Son / by Charles Dickens ; with sixty-two illustrations by F. Barnard.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 449,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three-quarter green roan and marbled boards, with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale.
BEIN Gimbel/Dickens +D66 Set 3 3: Original wrappers.
Engravings by Dalziel; after Frederick Barnard.
Printed by Virtue and Co., Limited, City Road.
Date of publication from Topp.
Chapman and Hall originally issued the Household edition of Dickens's works in 101 monthly parts from July 1871 to January 1880; each volume was subsequently issued individually in wrappers and publishers' bindings. Dombey and Son began in part 67 (Jan. 1877) and concluded in part 74 (Aug. 1877).
Text printed in double columns.
Engraved vignette on title page.
In blue paper wrappers.
Series statement from wrapper.
Yale University. Dickens and Dickensiana, D66, 3rd set
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905, v. 3, 591
- Subject Terms:
- Businesspeople -- Fiction.Dysfunctional families -- Fiction.English literature -- 19th century.Family-owned business enterprises -- Fiction.Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.Gale, Rachel Baker -- BookplateRoss, David and Judith -- Provenance
- Wood engravings -- 1877.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.