Pressly, William L., 1944-, The French Revolution as blasphemy , c1999
The French Revolution as blasphemy : Johan Zoffany's paintings of the massacre at Paris, August 10, 1792 / William L. Pressly.
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California Press, c1999.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 211 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 Z68 A15 P5 1999 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 191-201) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- History -- Insurrection, 1792 -- Art and the insurrection.Zoffany, Johann, 1733-1810 -- Criticism and interpretation.Zoffany, Johann, 1733-1810. Celebrating over the bodies of the Swiss soldiers, August 12, 1792.Zoffany, Johann, 1733-1810. Plundering the King's cellar at Paris, August 10, 1792.