A formal and historical sociology of western picture-making with special reference to J.M.W. Turner : power, space, and light / John Parker.
- Lewiston : Edwin Mellen Press, c1998.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 429 p., 27 p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 T85 P27 1998 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -412) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- England -- History -- 19th century.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851 -- Psychology.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851 -- Themes, motives.
YCBA Collections Search
Parker, John, 1946-, A formal and historical sociology of western picture-making with special reference to J.M.W. Turner , c1998