The tiger and the thistle : Tipu Sultan and the Scots in India, 1760-1800 / Anne Buddle with Pauline Rohatgi and Iain Gordon Brown.
- Edinburgh : National Gallery of Scotland, c1999.
- Physical Description:
- 95 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryDS469 B83 1999 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 93-94)
"Published by the Trustees of the National Galleries of Scotland for the exhibition The tiger and the thistle: Tipu Sultan and the Scots in India, 1760-1800 held at the National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh, 29 July-3 October, 1999"--T.p. verso.
- Subject Terms:
- India -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Scots -- India -- History.Tipu Sultan, Fath ʻAli, Nawab of Mysore, 1753-1799 -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Buddle, Anne, The tiger and the thistle , c1999