IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
McInnis, Maurie Dee, In pursuit of refinement , c1999
In pursuit of refinement : Charlestonians abroad, 1740-1860 / Maurie D. McInnis, in collaboration with Angela D. Mack ; with essays by J. Thomas Savage, Robert A. Leath, and Susan Ricci Stebbins.
- Columbia : University of South Carolina Press, c1999.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 352 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 x 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN5201.5 S6 M35 1999 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- A catalog of an exhibition held at the Gibbes Museums of Art, Charleston, S.C. on April 9-July 3, 1999.
"Gibbes Museum of Art with the cooperation of the Historic Charleston Foundation."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 335-337) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art patronage -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Exhibitions.Art patrons -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- Collectors and collecting -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Exhibitions.Charleston (S.C.) -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Charleston (S.C.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.