In pursuit of refinement : Charlestonians abroad, 1740-1860 / Maurie D. McInnis, in collaboration with Angela D. Mack ; with essays by J. Thomas Savage, Robert A. Leath, and Susan Ricci Stebbins.
- Columbia : University of South Carolina Press, c1999.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 352 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 x 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN5201.5 S6 M35 1999 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- A catalog of an exhibition held at the Gibbes Museums of Art, Charleston, S.C. on April 9-July 3, 1999.
"Gibbes Museum of Art with the cooperation of the Historic Charleston Foundation."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 335-337) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art patronage -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Exhibitions.Art patrons -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- Collectors and collecting -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Exhibitions.Charleston (S.C.) -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Charleston (S.C.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
McInnis, Maurie Dee, In pursuit of refinement , c1999