McInnis, Maurie Dee, In pursuit of refinement , c1999
- In pursuit of refinement : Charlestonians abroad, 1740-1860 / Maurie D. McInnis, in collaboration with Angela D. Mack ; with essays by J. Thomas Savage, Robert A. Leath, and Susan Ricci Stebbins.
- Columbia : University of South Carolina Press, c1999.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 352 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 x 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN5201.5 S6 M35 1999 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A catalog of an exhibition held at the Gibbes Museums of Art, Charleston, S.C. on April 9-July 3, 1999.
"Gibbes Museum of Art with the cooperation of the Historic Charleston Foundation."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 335-337) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art patronage -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Exhibitions.Art patrons -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- Collectors and collecting -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Exhibitions.Charleston (S.C.) -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Charleston (S.C.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.